About Perrot Memorial Library
Located in Old Greenwich, Perrot Memorial Library is named for John Perrot, a British loyalty and Old Greenwich’s first private schoolmaster. The Library was founded by his descendants in 1903, and moved around until 1930 when architect D. Everett Waid donated a piece of land on Sound Beach Avenue, and plans for a library building. The children’s wing was constructed in 1998, funded by a gift from the Radcliffe Family and other donations.
Perrot Library is a private 501(c)(3) institution owned by the Perrot Library Association and affiliated with the Greenwich Public Library system. Additionally, Perrot Memorial Library shares a catalog with the Greenwich Public Library system.