Vote for the 2018 Greenwich Reads Together Book Selection
This year the Library is placing the power with the people and asking the Greenwich community to make the final decision on what it wants to read and discuss for Greenwich Reads Together, the community-wide reading experience which engages all of Greenwich in exploring a single book. Voting will be open April 16-27.
Two days before Christmas of 2008, General Motors’ oldest operating assembly plant, in Paul Ryan’s hometown of Janesville, Wisconsin, shut down in the midst of the Great Recession.
Behold the Dreamers
A novel about marriage, immigration, class, race, and the trapdoors in the American Dream—the story of a young immigrant couple making a life in New York just as the Great Recession hits.
Greenwich Reads Together is Greenwich Library’s community-wide reading experience which engages all of Greenwich in exploring a single book. In 2017, almost 20 community organizations and more than 3,900 Greenwich residents participated in events around News of the World by Paulette Jiles.
Greenwich Reads Together is supported by the Friends of Greenwich Library.
- Literary quality
- Reflective of universal issues
- Currently in print and available in large quantities
- Available in multiple formats including ebook, audiobook, large print, etc.
- Capable of generating thought-provoking discussions
- Lends itself to engaging public programs
- Appeals to a diverse population
- The author must be living
GRT Steering Committee
- Greenwich Library
- Greenwich Arts Council
- Greenwich Historical Society
- Greenwich Alliance for Education
- Greenwich Pen Women
- Greenwich Public and Independent Schools
- Friends of Greenwich Library
- Perrot Memorial Library
- Retired Men’s Association (RMA) of Greenwich