Getting Started with Libby
You will need your library card number and pin
Setup and Borrowing
- Install the free Libby app from the Apple App store or Google Play store.
- Open Libby and tap Find My Library. Libby will use your location to suggest a library to you, but you
also have the option of searching for a library by name, city or zip. Once you select Greenwich Library
you will be taken to the Library’s OverDrive collection.
- Tap Add Your Card and input your library card number and PIN.
- Choose a collection to browse or tap Search the catalog… at the top of the screen to search by
- Once you find an available title, tap Borrow to the right of its jacket. On the next screen, you will be
asked to confirm your choice by tapping Borrow! At this time, you can change your loan period for
- After you confirm your checkout, you can choose to Open Book, Keep Browsing or Go to Shelf.
- At any time, you can get back to the Library’s OverDrive collection by tapping Library in the lower left
corner of the screen or get back to your checked out items by tapping Shelf in the lower right corner of
- From your Shelf, you can access your Loans, Holds, Tags and Activity.
- By default, Libby downloads all of your loans so that you can read them when you’re offline.
Downloads are paused when you are not connected to Wi-Fi. You can adjust these defaults in
Download Settings on your Loans page.
- Tap Open Book or Open Audiobook under a title on your Loans page to read or listen to that title.
- Tap the cover image for a title on your Loans page to see other available options for that title, such as
Renew Loan, Return Title to Library or Send to Device. You can tap Send to Device if you would like to send your title to a Kindle.