Per the Town of Greenwich, masks are required for ALL VISITORS ages 2+ at all Greenwich Library locations.
Greenwich Library provides the community with a place to work, study, read, and discover new books. When you visit, you’ll discover the newly ReImagined Greenwich Library, offering comfortable seating, state-of-the-art technologies, and an exceptional collection of books.
Update 9/13/21: For your safety, all attendees for adult programs in the Berkley Theater WILL BE REQUIRED to show proof of full vaccination (in the form of their CDC Vaccination Card or a photo or photocopy of the Card) or a negative PCR Test taken within 72 hours of the event. No one will be admitted without this documentation. The Protocols may be modified as and when the laws, science and/or institutional requirements change.
- Browse the collection, check out items, and use reading tables (please limit your visit to no more than 3 hours)
- Visit the children’s room without an appointment (please limit your visit to no more than 30 minutes)
- Use a public computer (no appointment needed, up to 90 minutes per patron)
- Self-checkout of holds
- No-Contact Pick Up remains available but hours are limited to:
11 am – 6 pm (M-F), and 10 am – 4 pm (Sat) at the Main Library
1 pm – 7 pm (M), 10 am – 4 pm (T-Sat) at the Cos Cob Library
10 am– 4 pm (M-W), 1 pm – 7 pm (Th), 10 am – 4 pm (F-Sat) at the Byram Shubert Library.
- Reference interactions with staff for assistance in finding materials or information
- Café with limited indoor and outdoor dining available
- Individual and group study rooms are now available. Reserve here.
- Greenwich Library
Monday-Friday: 9 am – 9 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
Sunday: 1 pm – 5 pm
- Cos Cob Library
Monday: 12 – 8 pm
Tuesday-Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Byram Shubert Library
Monday: 9 am – 5 pm
Tuesday: 10 am – 6 pm
Wednesday: 9 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 12 – 8 pm
Friday-Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
Patron Safety & Guidelines
We are committed to keeping our patrons and staff safe. We ask that all patrons follow these guidelines:
- Per the Town of Greenwich, masks covering the mouth and nose are required for all visitors ages 2+ at all Greenwich Library locations.
- Maintain six feet of physical distance from other patrons and Library staff.
- For your safety, all attendees for adult programs in the Berkley Theater WILL BE REQUIRED to show proof of full vaccination (in the form of their CDC Vaccination Card or a photo or photocopy of the Card) or a negative PCR Test taken within 72 hours of the event. No one will be admitted without this documentation. The Protocols may be modified as and when the laws, science and/or institutional requirements change.
- Do not bring food or drink into the Library.
- Use the designated entrances and exits.
The Main Library and its branches will continue to offer virtual programs throughout the summer. Some outdoor programs are available. Registration is limited and required in advance through the Library’s Online Calendar or by calling (203) 622-7900.
If you need a break from book browsing, The Café at Greenwich Library, a partnership between Greenwich Library and Abilis, is open on the Library’s lower level from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Visitors to the Library can stop by The Café and place their order in-person or order online here. A few tables are available for indoor and outdoor dining.
Library staff will continue to evaluate and modify restrictions as needed. Please check our website for updates or sign up for our weekly email newsletter to receive updates in your inbox.
For more information, call (203) 622-7900 to reach a librarian or use our live chat service at greenwichlibrary.org.