Starting March 1, masks are optional at Greenwich Library and its Byram Shubert and Cos Cob branches, as per the Greenwich Library Board of Trustees.
As of June 14, 2022, Per the Board of Trustees, Greenwich Library is no longer checking vaccination status and masks are now optional for in-person programming in the Berkley Theater. Protocols may be modified as and when laws, science, and/or institutional requirements change. Capacity in the Berkley Theater is set at 100% for adult programs.
Protocols will be reevaluated by the Library Board of Trustees on an ongoing basis.
Greenwich Library provides the community with a place to work, study, read, and discover new books. When you visit, you’ll discover the newly ReImagined Greenwich Library, offering comfortable seating, state-of-the-art technologies, and an exceptional collection of books.
- Browse the collection, check out items, and use reading tables.
- Visit the Children’s Room without an appointment.
- Use a public computer (no appointment needed, up to 90 minutes per patron).
- Self-checkout of holds.
- Ask reference and research questions to Library staff for help finding materials or information.
- Café with indoor and outdoor dining available,
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the buildings and parking lot.
- Individual and group study rooms and conference rooms are available. Reserve here.
- Greenwich Library
Monday-Friday: 9 am – 9 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
Sunday: 1 pm – 5 pm
- Cos Cob Library
Monday: 12 – 8 pm
Tuesday-Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Byram Shubert Library
Monday: 9 am – 5 pm
Tuesday: 10 am – 6 pm
Wednesday: 9 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 12 – 8 pm
Friday-Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
The Café at Greenwich Library, a partnership between Greenwich Library and Abilis, is open on the Library’s lower level from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Visitors to the Library can stop by The Café and place their order in-person or order online here. A few tables are available for indoor and outdoor dining.
Library staff will continue to evaluate and modify restrictions as needed. Please check our website for updates or sign up for our weekly email newsletter to receive updates in your inbox.
For more information, call (203) 622-7900 to reach a librarian or use our live chat service at greenwichlibrary.org.