– More than 1,000 DVD’s, CD’s, and Audiobooks
– More than 205,000 books and over 30 categories of quality fiction and nonfiction books
– Large collection of Finance / Business publications
– Math and Science publications
– An entire room of Children’s Books
– Large assortment of gift-worthy specials
Books are not picked over and there are no buyer restrictions. The sale is located two minutes from I-95 CT off of Exit 2 and is located in the basement of St. Paul Church. All proceeds benefit the Friends of Byram Shubert Library.
For more information or questions, contact the Byram Shubert Library at 203-531-0426.
Next drop off dates are forthcoming.
Remember, if you would not give it to a friend, please do not give it to the Friends!
Donations should be in sturdy containers (boxes) of a reasonable size; liquor store boxes are ideal. It is especially helpful if you sort fiction and non-fiction into separate boxes.
- Hardcover books of any subject
- Paperbacks of any subject
- Children’s Books — all formats
- Music CDs (No records, please)
- Framed artwork
- Small bookshelves
Please do not bring these items (we cannot sell them):
- Water damaged, mildewed, soiled, or smelly books
- Books with missing covers or broken spines
- Magazines (including National Geographic Magazines)
- Out-of-date computer books and instruction manuals
- Out-of-date travel books, reference, or textbooks (more than 3 years old)
- Music cassettes
- Video cassettes (VHS)
- Record albums
Book Sale FAQs
The next Friends of Byram Shubert Book Sale will take place from Thursday, Nov/ 2nd through Sunday Nov. 5th..
We welcome your book donations on designated drop-off days when we have volunteers who are eager to assist you. The next drop off dates are Sat., Sept. 16 and Sat., Oct. 14th from 9:00-11:00 am, in the garage connected to St. Paul Church located at 55 William St. West in Byram. See the Byram Shubert Library Calendar of Events for upcoming collection days.
Books can also be left in the breezeway adjacent to the garage at St. Paul’s. Please be mindful of inclement weather conditions. Although our volunteers stop by the garage each week, items that are left exposed are likely to be damaged.
If you have an especially large number of books and cannot wait until a designated drop-off day, please contact the Byram Shubert Library (203-570-8527), which will put you in touch with a volunteer to arrange help at the garage.
Please call 203-570-8527 to see if a pickup can be arranged if you are moving, have a large quantity of books, or have any other questions about the sale itself.
On designated drop-off days (one Saturday each month in spring and fall), we have a volunteer who can give you a receipt for income tax purposes. If you donate books at another time, please leave a self-addressed stamped envelope with your donation, and include a note specifying how many boxes, bags, or items you are leaving. We will be happy to mail you a receipt. The Friends do not assign a value to the books you donate.
The Friends are actively seeking volunteers to help with the book sale set-up and sorting. If you would like to volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Look for upcoming sorting parties on the Byram Shubert Library Events Calendars. Our volunteers tend to come back year after year (twice a year!) to help set up for the sale. Join us!