It’s the day we’ve all been waiting for! Greenwich Library is excited to announce that it has advanced to the next phase of its reopening plan. Starting on June 2, the Library will once again provide the community with a place to work, study, read, and discover new books. When you visit, you’ll discover the newly ReImagined Greenwich Library, offering comfortable seating, state-of-the-art technologies, and an exceptional collection of books.
Read on for all the opening details and important guidelines!
Services Now Available
- Browse the collection, check out items, and use reading tables (please limit your visit to no more than 3 hours)
- Visit the children’s room without an appointment (please limit your visit to no more than 30 minutes)
- Use a public computer (no appointment needed, up to 90 minutes per patron)
- Self-checkout of holds
- No-Contact Pick Up remains available but hours are limited to:
11 am – 6 pm (M-F), and 10 am – 4 pm (Sat) at the Main Library
1 pm – 7 pm (M), 10 am – 4 pm (T-Sat) at the Cos Cob Library
10 am– 4 pm (M-W), 1 pm – 7 pm (Th), 10 am – 4 pm (F-Sat) at the Byram Shubert Library.
- Reference interactions with staff for assistance in finding materials or information
- Café with limited indoor and outdoor dining available
- Greenwich Library
Monday-Friday: 9 am – 7 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Cos Cob Library
Monday: 12 – 8 pm
Tuesday-Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
- Byram Shubert Library
Monday: 9 am – 5 pm
Tuesday: 10 am – 6 pm
Wednesday: 9 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 12 – 8 pm
Friday-Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
Patron Safety & Guidelines
We are committed to keeping our patrons and staff safe. We ask that all patrons follow these guidelines:
- Maintain six feet of physical distance from other patrons and Library staff.
- Per the Town of Greenwich, all patrons over the age of two must wear a face mask covering the mouth and nose at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
- Individual and group study rooms will remain closed.
- Do not bring food or drink into the Library.
- Use the designated entrances and exits.
- Only one person per table to allow for safe physical distancing.
The Main Library and its branches will continue to offer virtual programs throughout the summer. Children’s Services will begin hosting Summer Storytime in person in the Baxter Courtyard on Monday and Wednesday mornings beginning June 14. Registration is limited and required in advance through the Library’s Online Calendar or by calling (203) 622-7900. Cos Cob Library will also host in-person storytimes outside for children this summer.
If you need a break from book browsing, The Café at Greenwich Library, a partnership between Greenwich Library and Abilis, is open on the Library’s lower level from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Visitors to the Library can stop by The Café and place their order in-person or order online here. A few tables will be available for indoor dining.
Library staff will continue to evaluate and modify restrictions through the summer and into the fall. Please check our website for updates or sign up for our weekly Keep Posted e-news to receive updates in your inbox.
For more information, call (203) 622-7900 to reach a librarian or use our Live Chat service at greenwichlibrary.org.