Browsing & Borrowing
- Visit the Greenwich Library website at (www.greenwichlibrary.org) using a computer, tablet or smartphone. Tap or click Explore and then select Digital Library.
- Use the keyword search box or one of the browsing options to explore the collection.
- Checkout a title by selecting the Borrow link under the jacket. You can also tap the title’s jacket to open its details page. The details page lists the formats available for that title, including Kindle book (if available). On the details page, you can also choose a lending period that’s different from your default lending period, borrow the title, and more. If prompted, sign in.
- Select to go to your Loans page. To download your book, tap or click (Choose a format), then Kindle book.
- You’ll be taken to Amazon’s website to complete checkout and send the eBook to your Kindle device.
- If you’re signed into Amazon, select your device from the Deliver to: drop-down menu, then select Get library book. The book will be sent to your Kindle.
- If you’re not already signed into Amazon, select Get library book. You will be prompted to sign in.
- Once you sign in, a page will open where you can select the device where you’d like to send the book you borrowed. Once you choose a device, select Continue. The book will be sent to your Kindle.
Note: Your Kindle eReader must have a WiFi connection to download library Kindle Books from Amazon. If you don’t have a WiFi connection, you will need to transfer the Kindle Book to your Kindle eReader via USB.
Returning Titles Early
- If you have not downloaded the title yet you can return it from your Loans page (under ). To return a title from your Loans page, tap the Return Title button. *Once you download the title, the Return Title button disappears from your Loans page.
- Downloaded Kindle books can be returned through Amazon’s website.
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
- From Your Content, select the Actions button next to the book that you want to return.
- Select Return This Book, and then select Yes in the pop-up window.
- Check for an active WiFi connection in Home/Menu/Settings/WiFi Settings.
- Check in the Archived Items folder on your Kindle for books not yet downloaded.
- Make sure you delivered to the correct device if multiple devices share the same account.