May is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, a time to pay tribute to Asian American and Pacific Islanders’ long-standing history, contributions and rich cultural and artistic heritage. Enjoy this selection of online resources and sites to experience and explore the history, traditions and culture of Asians and Pacific Islanders in the United States.
Resources Available with Your Greenwich Library Card
- Reading List: A selection of exciting fiction from Asian authors; each ebook is found in the Greenwich Library Digital Collection.
- Hoopla Playlist for Asian Pacific American Heritage Month: Access this unique blend of world music through Hoopla.
- Kanopy Watchlist: Access some of the most influential and interesting films through Kanopy.
Other Ways to Virtually Celebrate and Sites to Visit
- PBS features a special PBS collection of stories in honor of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.
- Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center features a specially-curated Care Package, a treasure trove of poems, meditations, films, and other cultural nutrients for times like this.
- Smithsonian features a Special Page devoted to contemporary American artists of Asian heritage.
- Asia Society Virtual Events features daily virtual events and programs.
- Asian Art Museum: As part of its #MuseumFromHome initiative, the Asian Art Museum features daily concerts, lectures, poetry readings and more during this month. Scroll down this page to see the many activities and events.