By Appointment Only
We are extremely pleased to announce that Greenwich Library will continue its phased reopening with Express Browsing!
Starting April 20, any Greenwich Library cardholder can set a same-day or next-day 20-minute appointment to browse new books, the Express Book collection, or the third-floor Children’s Room at Greenwich Library, Byram Shubert Library, and Cos Cob Library. You can also pick up a coffee or treat from the Cafe on the Library’s lower level on the way out!
What’s Available for Browsing?
Come scour the shelves and check out titles from these collections: New Books, DVDs, Express Book Collection, Children, YA, Audiobook, Large Print, Travel, CDs, and Japanese. Popular Express Collection books are available first-come, first-served for seven days with one renewal.
How Do I Make an Appointment to Browse?
Express Browsing is available only to Greenwich Library cardholders. Need to register for or renew your card? CLICK HERE.
- To visit Greenwich Library, CLICK HERE to book online or call 203-622-7910.
- To visit Cos Cob Library, CLICK HERE to book online or call 203-622-6883.
- To visit Byram Shubert Library, CLICK HERE to book online or call 203-531-0426.
When are Appointments Available?
Appointments for Express Browsing are available in 20-minute increments during the following times:
- 1 – 4 p.m. Monday – Friday (all locations)
- 12 – 3 p.m. Saturday (all locations)
- 5 – 7 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday at the Main Library
- 5 – 7 p.m. on Monday at Cos Cob
- 5 – 7 p.m. on Thursday at Byram Shubert
What are the Guidelines?
In order to ensure the safety of staff, patrons, and volunteers, we ask that all patrons please adhere to the following general guidelines:
- All patrons are required to wear a mask covering their mouth and nose at all times and sanitize hands with supplies provided. Children age 2 and older must wear a mask (per CDC guidelines).
- Staff and patrons must maintain a social distance of at least six feet.
- No food or drinks are permitted; the water fountain will not be available.
- First-floor restrooms will be available on a limited basis.
- Elevators to the 3rd-floor Children’s Room are limited to two passengers or one family at a time.
- Anyone showing signs of illness should refrain from coming into the Library.
- Appointments are available to active Greenwich Library cardholders. CLICK HERE to register for or renew your Library card.
- Innovation Lab appointments are expanded to ages 13 and up.
- All children seven and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Appointment holders should be prepared to show their Library card or driver’s license to verify eligibility. Advance arrangements should be made to renew expired cards by contacting Patron Services at 203-625-6524.
- Once inside the building, all visitors will check-in at the Welcome Desk.
Is No-Contact Pick Up Still Available?
Patrons may continue to utilize No-Contact Pick Up and make separate appointments to visit the Innovation Lab and use computers, printers, scanners, and copiers. The Main Library and its branches will also continue to offer virtual programs and digital materials. Children’s librarians will continue to provide Book Bundles, gathering up to 12 books for no-contact pick-up. Request books by age and/or reading level or by popular topics. CLICK HERE to get started.
Services will be reevaluated periodically and may change depending on needs and conditions. For more information about currently available services like the Innovation Lab and computer appointments, CLICK HERE.