The Library’s Facilities Team continues to regularly sanitize high touch areas such as doorknobs, railings, and elevator buttons. An outside firm conducted an additional deep clean over the weekend. We continue to rely on direction from the Town of Greenwich Department of Health, State of Connecticut, and the CDC.
The Town of Greenwich has also set up five hotline numbers for residents who have questions about coronavirus: (203) 622-7865, (203) 622-7703, (203) 622-7614, (203) 622-7842, (203) 622-7836
Reminder: if you feel sick, please stay home. Access our Digital Library from home.
Posted on 3/4/2020:
Many of you are concerned about Coronavirus (COVID-19). I want to assure you that we are mindful of the situation and taking the following precautions to protect patrons and staff.
Our Facilities team has been particularly aggressive regarding flu prevention measures. Currently, they are using hospital-strength bacterial prevention products and are routinely cleaning common areas, as well as frequently touched items such as doorknobs, railings, and elevator buttons. Hand sanitizer and Purell poles have been placed throughout the Library.
Patrons are urged to use the standard protocols and precautions when dealing with colds and the flu. As always, if you feel sick, you should stay home.
Greenwich Library’s Digital Library offers thousands of eBooks, audiobooks, digital magazines & newspapers, and music, movies, and TV streaming to keep you entertained remotely. Visit https://www.greenwichlibrary.org/digital-library/ to get started.
To reduce the spread of flu, the Town of Greenwich Department of Health recommends the following:
- Seek medical attention early.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Use a sleeve or elbow if tissues are not available.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand gel (60% alcohol) when water is not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Stay home from work, school, or group activity when you are ill.
- Take all medications as prescribed, even when feeling better.
Barbara Ormerod-Glynn, Greenwich Library Director