Recreate the magic of storytimes with your very own at home with the eBook versions of the same tales. You’ll also find great selections for children (up to Grade 6) to read for both school and pleasure.
eBook Picture Books to Read Together (Toddlers-Kindergarten)
- Wee Ones Books: Miss Liz compiled favorite titles that we read in Wee Ones storytime for ages 1-2-year-olds.
- Picture Book Classics: The Tale of Peter Rabbit, Last Stop on Market Street and other favorites old and new.
- Bedtime Stories: Reading to a child remotely or sharing at their bedside. Bedtime stories from our digital library.
- Funny Picture Books: Laugh out loud while you read aloud these funny picture books from our digital collection.
- STEAM Storytime Books: Check out these titles that’ll spark the imagination of our preschool and early elementary age children. (Preschool-K)
- Pete the Cat: Our favorite cat’s groovy books are available as ebooks. (Preschool-K)
- Picture Book Fairy Tales: Classic folk and fairy tales to read aloud from our digital library.
- Berenstain Bears: Somewhere deep in Bear Country…your favorite bear family can be found in our digital library collection. (Preschool-K)
Early Elementary eBooks (Kindergarten – Grade 3)
- Greenwich Public Schools Reading List (Grades K-3): These are books recommended by Greenwich Public Schools (from the 2019 Summer Reading Lists).
- 2020 Elementary Nutmeg Award Nominees (Grades 2-3): The Nutmeg Book Award encourages children in grades 2-12 to read quality literature and to choose their favorite from a list of ten nominated titles all across Connecticut.
- Tomie DePaola, Digital Collection: As librarians, parents, and educators, we are saddened to hear of the loss of beloved children’s author-illustrator and Connecticut resident, Tomie DePaola. Here are some of his wonderful books available through our digital collection.
Upper Elementary eBooks (Grades 4-6)
- Greenwich Public Schools Reading List (Grades 4-5): These books are recommended by Greenwich Public Schools (from the 2019 Summer Reading Lists).
- 2020 Intermediate Nutmeg Award Nominees (Grades 4-6): The Nutmeg Book Award encourages children in grades 2-12 to read quality literature and to choose their favorite from a list of ten nominated titles all across Connecticut.
- 2020 Youth Media Award Winners (Grades K-6): Each year the American Library Association honors books, videos, and other outstanding materials for children and teens recognized worldwide for the high quality they represent.
- Adventure and Survival Stories (Grades 3-6): Life-or-death struggles mean high stakes in these compelling middle-grade books.
- Funny Kids Fiction (Grades 3-6): Have a laugh with these new and funny titles.
- WhoHQ (Grades 3-5): Entertaining non-fiction from the Who is? Who Was? What is?….collection
- Historical Fiction: Brave journeys of characters who faced great challenges throughout history
- Dystopian Juvenile Fiction: For fans of post-apocalyptic series and futuristic stories.
- NonFiction Faves for Middle Grades: For curious minds, these are several of the staff and patron favorites in non-fiction for readers grades 4-6.
- Spies, Sleuths, and Secret Agents: Kids fighting crime, going undercover, and solving mysteries.