Getting Started with hoopla for Music, Movies and Television Shows
You will need your Greenwich or Perrot Library card number and PIN
Mobile Device Setup
- Get the free hoopla app from the App or Google Play store.
- Tap Create Account in the lower left corner.
- Type ‘Greenwich Library’ in the search bar.
- Fill out the form to create an account.
Borrowing videos or music
- Use the keyword search box or one of the browsing options to explore the collection.
- Once you have selected a video or album, tap on the cover image and then click Borrow.
- The videos will be available for the next 72 hours. The music will be available for 7 days. You may borrow 20 titles a month.
- To view all of your borrowed titles on your mobile device, tap the My Hoopla icon on the bottom of an Apple or the word Borrowed on the top of an Android.
Streaming and downloading videos or music
- In order to begin streaming a borrowed video or album, click the Play button. *(FOR VIDEOS ONLY: If using Firefox, you will be prompted to install the Silverlight plug-in; if using Internet Explorer or Safari, you will be prompted to install the Widevine plug-in.)
- If you are using a mobile device and would like to temporarily download the video or album tap Download to your device or Tap here to download under the play button.
Returning videos or albums early
- Click the cover image for the video or album, scroll down the screen and then select return now at the bottom.
- Check for an active WiFi connection in Settings.