Recently in Public Service Announcements Category
We realize many of you experienced difficulty with the launch of our new PIN initiative and some may still encounter problems. We apologize for the inconvenience. Although our catalog system experienced errors due to extraordinarily high traffic, nearly 4,000 patrons have been able to successfully create PINs.
PINs are now required to access your Library account online as we prepare to implement BiblioCommons, the new catalog system which will launch in early 2014. BiblioCommons will offer you intuitive searching, account integration, new tools for discovery, eBook integration, library staff recommendations and the ability to create a community around the library collection.
If you have not done so already, to create your PIN, please visit www.greenwichlibrary.org, then click on My Library Account. Enter your name, Library card number and desired PIN, then follow the instructions to confirm your PIN.If you experience difficulty, please close your browser, wait a few minutes and try again. You may also call our Patron Services desk for assistance at 203-625-6524.
Some patrons have expressed concerns about not being able to store their name and account numbers in their browsers as they have before. We are aware of the situation, and are investigating a solution with our service provider.
Thank you for your patience as we move through the upgrade process.
Carol A. Mahoney
Greenwich Library Director
- Find disaster assistance that meets your personal needs
- Locate over 70 forms of assistance from 17 Federal agencies
- Apply for disaster assistance
- Check the progress of your applications
- Elton's café is open.
- Internet access and wireless is available at the main library. Cos Cob Library and Byram Shubert Library also have Internet access and wifi.
- Tables have been set up on the second floor for additional workspace and power cords are attached.
- In the World language area (on the 2nd floor), we have added additional outlets to all of the tables for patrons to access.
- The meeting room is all set up with tables and power cords for access. Games and puzzles are available for families.
- NO FINES are to be charged for ANY material that is overdue through Sunday, November 4th. Fines will resume on Monday, November 5th. Consider this a Fine Free week.
- Feel free to use available outlets and surge protectors to charge your devices, but please make sure the cords are not a trip hazard.
Greenwich Library and its Byram Shubert and Cos Cob branches will be closed on Monday, October 29 due to the forcasted storm. We will post additional updates here, on News12 and WGCH, as well as on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
More information about the Town's storm response can be found at http://www.greenwichct.org/.