Recently in In The News Category
(From left) Liz Proctor Darst, David Darst Jr., Charles S. Leykum, Diane Leykum, David Darst Sr., and
Elizabeth Darst Leykum holding Charles Leykum.
- Continue to expand and curate our collections and provide easy access to Library resources.
- Embrace and integrate emerging media into our collections.
- Use appropriate media and targeted messages to raise patron awareness of relevant Library resources.
- Ensure our patrons and staff have access to established and emerging technologies and the opportunity to achieve technological literacy.
- Meet the needs and interests of Greenwich residents by making strategic programming choices.
- Support the academic and life success of Greenwich children by promoting early literacy and a love of reading.
- Strengthen our focus on satisfying the questions, needs and preferences of our patrons.
- Reimagine our public spaces to reflect changes in technology and how people use the Library.
- Strengthen our community of readers by increasing patron connections to one another and to our collections.
- Expand and focus our partnerships for the collective benefit of the Greenwich community.
High school students in Fairfield and Westchester counties were invited to submit films in the following five categories: Creative, Animation, Documentary, Music Video, and Public Service Announcement.
More than 130 films were entered. Director Ron Howard judged the Creative entries; Blue Sky Studios judged the Animation entries; film producer Clay Pecorin judged the Documentary entries; film and television composer Jeff Cardoni judged the Music Video entries; and journalist Gretchen Carlson judged the Public Service Announcements.
The top five submissions in each category will be screened, and winners will be announced. Additionally, one of the final top five will be chosen as the overall winner of the Greenwich Youth Film Festival.
The event is free but tickets are required. Thursday, April 26, is the last day to reserve tickets online at the Junior League of Greenwich website. Remaining tickets will be available on Saturday at Cole Auditorium at noon.