- Continue to expand and curate our collections and provide easy access to Library resources.
- Embrace and integrate emerging media into our collections.
- Use appropriate media and targeted messages to raise patron awareness of relevant Library resources.
- Ensure our patrons and staff have access to established and emerging technologies and the opportunity to achieve technological literacy.
- Meet the needs and interests of Greenwich residents by making strategic programming choices.
- Support the academic and life success of Greenwich children by promoting early literacy and a love of reading.
- Strengthen our focus on satisfying the questions, needs and preferences of our patrons.
- Reimagine our public spaces to reflect changes in technology and how people use the Library.
- Strengthen our community of readers by increasing patron connections to one another and to our collections.
- Expand and focus our partnerships for the collective benefit of the Greenwich community.
June 2012 Archives
Embrace the night-life with activities, books and materials for Greenwich Library's 2012 Teen Summer Reading theme "Own the Night." The Summer Reading Program is part of Greenwich Library's commitment to promote the love of reading.
The goal of the program is to encourage all participants to continue to read over the summer and at the same time have fun doing so. Own the Night is open to Greenwich students entering grades 6-12. This year, the program is available online at www.greenwichlibrary.org/teens. Register with your library card and participate from July 1 through August 11. Teens will log their reading throughout the summer, whether they're reading books, magazines, graphic novels, audiobooks or eBooks. For each 1,000 pages logged (up to 3,000 pages), teens will receive a goal prize, plus a chance to win an iPad 3. To earn extra chances, submit reviews online or attend an Own the Night program at Greenwich Library. Random weekly drawings will be pulled from reviews submitted that week.
To find a full schedule of programs, or to register for Summer Reading, please visit www.greenwichlibrary.org/teens.