The State of Connecticut Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security (DEMHS) and FEMA are lending a hand to those that qualify for federal and state disaster assistance. Residents who suffered damages and losses as a result of March 12 to May 17 storms and flooding can apply for assistance immediately by logging on to www.disasterassistance.gov or by calling 800-621-3362 (FEMA).
Find information in the links below regarding:
- The roles of DEMHS and FEMA
- Facts you should know about disaster assistance
- Minimizing the likelihood of mold contamination in the event of a flood
- Low-interest rate loans for private nonprofit organizations
- Possible relief on federal taxes for those affected by the March 12 storm
DEMHS and FEMA have opened a Disaster Recovery Center at Norwalk Community College's West Campus, Room W-103, 188 Richards Ave., Norwalk. The center is open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, visit www.disasterassistance.gov or call 800-621-3362 (FEMA).