With the storm's impact on the Town of Greenwich still being felt by many residents, the Library Staff and I are pleased to be able to open the doors of the Main Library, and the Byram Shubert and Cos Cob branches. We welcome you to find a place to get warm, sit and enjoy a book, listen to a CD and access email to connect with family or work. On Monday, more than 4,700 people spent time in the libraries. Click here to see photos of our Library community this week.
We will continue to respond to the situation for as long as it takes.
- Due to the increased volume, parking is extremely difficult at the Main Library. Please car pool, take public transportation or walk if possible.
- 61 public computers are available in the Main Library. The Technology Training Center is open again today so patrons can access an additional 18 computers. It will remain open until 5 PM on Wednesday.
- The Meeting Room on the Second Floor is open so patrons can access wireless internet on their laptops.
- We will offer one movie today in the Cole Auditorium. At 3 p.m., join us for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. (Animated, 90 min, Rated PG)
- The Byram Shubert and Cos Cob branches are open and Internet access is available through the Library's computers. Wireless internet is available at both branches.
- We understand that many of our patrons are having trouble reaching the libraries, so all materials will be backdated to Saturday, March 13 and all fines accrued between 3/13 and 3/21 will be waived.
For additional information, please visit the Town of Greenwich's website.
Carol Mahoney, Greenwich Library Director