For Persons With Disabilities: Tax Tips for the Elderly and Disabled

| No Comments


It's that time of year again, and for those tax filers who are elderly and/or disabled, here are some online links to assist you in completing your returns:

*  Renters in Connecticut who are disabled or elderly can be reimbursted by the state.  Go here for information.

*  Connecticut property owners who are blind and/or otherwise disabled can be exempted from paying part of their property tax.  United Way of Connecticut has more on this.  And so does the East Hartford homepage

*  Veterans with disabilities in the state must now submit a letter verifying their status for tax abatement

*  For the federal 1040 form, disabled filers can claim credit by following these steps.  The necessary form for this credit, Schedule R, can be downloaded here.

*  Finally, there's the site, which can also assist you in filing your returns. 

I'll refer to this post next week, with additional links.   

Leave a comment

We want to hear from you. Feel free to post comments, questions and other thoughts but please remember:

  • Stay on topic.
  • Be polite and respectful
  • Don’t post copyrighted materials
  • Please don’t post content that installs viruses, worms, etc.
  • No spam please.

Please see our Comment Guidelines page for more information.

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by Ed published on April 7, 2009 1:46 PM.

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror: I-Con in Long Island This Weekend was the previous entry in this blog.

Philip Jose Farmer (1918-2009) is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.