Greenwich Reads Together
Greenwich Reads Together 2016
Thank you for your interest in Greenwich Reads Together. The next Greenwich Reads Together will take place in Fall 2016.
Submissions are now closed. Thanks to all for your suggestions.
Click here to see which books were suggested.
Greenwich Reads Together: a community-wide reading experience which engages all of Greenwich in exploring a single book.
About Greenwich Reads Together
Several community organizations are part of the Steering Committee leading Greenwich Reads Together, including Greenwich Library, Greenwich Arts Council, Greenwich Historical Society, Greenwich Alliance for Education, Greenwich Pen Women, Greenwich Public Schools and private schools, and Friends of Greenwich Library.
- Literary quality
- Reflective of universal issues
- Currently in print and available in large quantities
- Available in multiple formats, including paperback, e-book, audiobook, large print, etc.
- Capable of generating thought-provoking discussions
- Lends itself to engaging public programs
- Appeals to a diverse population
- An additional criterion has been added this year –– the author must be living.
Suggestions are now closed for Greenwich Reads Together 2016.
Click here to read the list of books suggested.
How to plan a program for Greenwich Reads Together 2016:
All programs will be included in a Greenwich Reads Together program brochure, but each organization will be responsible for promoting their program to their constituency.
Following are some suggested program ideas:
- Lectures: topic experts, panels, symposiums
- Concerts, music
- Play readings
- Art events/ exhibits: artist talk, exhibits
- Drawing, cartooning, graphic novels
- Scavenger hunt
For more information, please contact Kate Petrov.
For more information:
Previous Greenwich Reads Together Events
in the Boat
The Book Thief