Greenwich card–holders can now stream or download movies, television shows, and music, all available for mobile and online access through hoopla digital — all you need is your library card!
hoopla digital has a simple sign-up and attractive, easy-to-use interface, so it's easy to get to your listening and viewing experience. There's also no waiting to borrow popular movies, TV shows, or music. And hoopla digital's automatic return feature eliminates late fees.
To stream or download on a smartphone or tablet, patrons need the free Hoopla Digital app, which works on Apple devices (iOS6 or higher) and Androids (Android 4 or higher). The app leads patrons through a simple signup process. On a computer, Hoopla is available for streaming only and requires an Internet connection.
To access the system on your mobile device, you will need to first download the FREE hoopla digital app on your Android or IOS device. Links to these are to the right, and also at hoopla digital.
To watch hoopla movies through your browser, you will need to download and install the Widevine video player plug-in. Widevine is a free add-on for your browser that is owned by Google. If you do not already have this installed when you attempt to play a video title in your web browser, you will see a notification that will direct you to the Widevine website; from there you simply need to click on Install Now and follow the on–screen prompts.
The Widevine installation varies depending on the browser you are using. Here are installation instructions for Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 10, Chrome, and Firefox.
Introduction to hoopla digital:
More informational videos are available on YouTube.
For further help, check out hoopla's help page.
Try It Today!
Go to hoopla digital.
Sign up with your e–mail address, your library card number and your library PIN number.
Choose Greenwich Library from the list.
- Customers are currently limited to 20 items per month (videos and music combined).
- Video check-out period is 3 days.
- Music check-out period is 7 days.
- Returning titles early does not give you additional titles to borrow for that month.
- Titles can only be downloaded twice in a borrowing period.
- Downloads are playable only in the hoopla app, and are subject to the available storage space of your device. Not all titles are available for download, but all titles are available for streaming.